Disclaimer: CoSI does not have any official agreement with travel agencies. Be aware of “fishing for clients” activities. Any agreement with such agencies will be at your own responsibility.
The versatile seaside resort of Noordwijk is located between Amsterdam and The Hague and is situated directly at the coast with a 13 kilometer long beach. Bordered by large forests, rough dunes and in the heart of the bulb growing area near the Keukenhof, Noordwijk is also called the flower seaside resort of Europe.
- Notice !: Airports in Europe, namely Schiphol in Amsterdam, could be under pressure in Summer due to shortage of personnel, large number of passengers, and holiday period. If possible, reserve extra time for you travels. Please inform the conference office if your travel plans are cancelled or delayed to an extent that it will affect your participation in the conference.
- The main airport of the Netherlands is Schiphol near Amsterdam. All major airlines fly to Schiphol, for a current overview see: Airlines at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Schiphol has direct train services to Leiden (~20 min). From Leiden take the bus to Noordwijk (~30 min). In total the travel may take you about 1 hour, with an estimated cost of ~15 Euros (one way, subject to price fluctuations).
By public transport
- To plan your train trip within the Netherlands, you can consult the planner on the website of the Dutch railways (NS) or on the site 9292 door-to-door journey planner. For international train connections you can check Hi Speed or the site of the Deutsche Bahn.
- From Schiphol take the train to Leiden Centraal, the journey takes about 20 minutes. Trains depart several times in the hour, from the underground airport train platform. Dutch railways (NS)
- From Leiden Centraal take the bus #20 to Noordwijk – Oude Zeeweg, 63. The bus journey is very scenic through typical Dutch villages, and takes about 30 minutes. 9292 door-to-door journey planner.
- It is of course also possible to travel by Car or Taxi to the Conference location.
- A Taxi from Schiphol to Noordwjk, will take approx. 25-30 min (depending on the daily traffic) and cost ~50 Euros (one way, subject to prices fluctuations). You can pre-book a Taxi Online on a service at your choice (example: SneelTaxi.nl).
- If you travel by Car, take in account that you will need to pay for Parking. Being a Coastal beach Location, parking places in Noordwijk are expensive and not very abundant. Hotels have deals for their guests and there are also some private parking lots at “lower” price per day, compared to parking on the streets of the village. Please check it in advance.
Alexander Hotel – Google Maps Link
Oude Zeeweg, 63
2202 CJ Noordwijk